Recipe requests or favorite recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recipe requests or favorite recipes

Sheltering in place will be easier if we can have some of our favorite foods.

I'm looking for a brown bread recipe that is similar to Ruby Tuesday's breadsticks, anyone? It isn't the traditional brown bread, it is a very dark brown color.
    "We are in this breathing space before it happens. We do not know how long that breathing space is going to be. But, if we are not all organizing ourselves to get ready and to take action to prepare for a pandemic, then we are squandering an opportunity for our human security"- Dr. David Nabarro

Re: Recipe requests or favorite recipes

I have found a website with some really good information on the use of wheat. The link is: www.emergencyrecipes.com. It explains some of the PH information on soaked and sprouted wheat and its uses. The site also provides information on low heat cooking and how it differs remarkably from regular cooking. Some of these simple changes may be very important in a situation with limited food supplies.

Comment

Code:
      It explains some of the PH information on soaked and sprouted wheat and its uses.
      Does anyone remember where there was a detailed discussion in this site on the body's PH and the importance of balance relative to the effect of the bird flu?

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by gjs47 View Post
        I have found a website with some really good information on the use of wheat. The link is: www.emergencyrecipes.com. It explains some of the PH information on soaked and sprouted wheat and its uses. The site also provides information on low heat cooking and how it differs remarkably from regular cooking. Some of these simple changes may be very important in a situation with limited food supplies.
        I noted one interesting point on that website. 300 lbs of grain will feed one person for a year. Here are the current prices at my feed store (for 100 lb bags of grain.)

Cracked Corn: $9.50
        Barley: $7.10
        Wheat: $9.00
        Oats: $12.50
        Buckwheat: $23.00

Point is, for about $130 you can feed a family of four for a year. Grain will store a long time in a cool dry place...a year or more.

My own plan is to go to the feed store when things seem to be heating up. At this price, I plan to buy enough to feed my family...and have plenty to share.

You'll also want a hand operated grist mill, of course!

Comment

Two sites that I know are excellent places for recipes.

www.hillbillyhousewife.com Lots of recipes and different budget plans.

www.cooks.com Thousands of recipes, printer friendly also

Comment

Working...
          X