• Show
Clear All

• World Flyways

Click image for larger version

Name:	flyways.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	663865

Migratory bird flyways that have taken the deadly strain of H5N1 from China to Siberia to Croatia to Turkey to Nigeria and... soon to other parts of Africa?

Next stop on the H5N1 Express: Europe? in the Spring as birds return from Africa... via the Eastern Atlantic flyway... or back to Siberia then to Europe?
    Last edited by Mellie; February 11, 2006, 02:59 AM.

Re: World Flyways

Here is a nice one from http://www.groms.de/groms/Getting_St...s/Flyways.html

Name:	world flyways.jpg
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	647645

Comment

One more from http://web.uct.ac.za/dept

Name:	world flyways 2.jpg
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	647646s/stats/adu/wsg/cadiz.html

Comment

Even though most birds may follow these flyways, there are still some that travel east-west crossing all flyways. e.g., northern wheatear ( o.o.) travels from Gambia coast (E. Atlantic flyway) clear across Asia to Alaska. It goes through EVERY known global flyway of both hemispheres....in only 4 months.

"The next major advancement in the health of American people will be determined by what the individual is willing to do for himself"-- John Knowles, Former President of the Rockefeller Foundation

Comment

It would be interesting to take the map above (Migration Flyways: Atlantic Flyway) and super-impose Vaffie's North American Data Collection. See if anything lines up. Looks like to me the Lake Erie (VHS?) Fish Kills are at least one fit, as well as Penn. State fish kills.

-hawkeye

Comment

Originally posted by hawkeye
            It would be interesting to take the map above (Migration Flyways: Atlantic Flyway) and super-impose Vaffie's North American Data Collection. See if anything lines up. Looks like to me the Lake Erie (VHS?) Fish Kills are at least one fit, as well as Penn. State fish kills.

-hawkeye
            I was thinking in the same lines (not just a single flyway) the right map projectile came to mind first and obtaining one.

Name:	base1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	647650
            <o =""></o>
            This one is from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:BlankMap-World.png I edited it to go over 360 degrees and added some colour.<o =""></o>

When posted here it seems too small for detail but fits most screens.

This image has been (or is hereby) released into the public domain by its author, Vardion. This applies worldwide.
            <small>
            </small>

Comment

Working...
            X