• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Singapore MOH Updates

WEEKLY INFECTIOUS DISEASE BULLETIN
    EPIDEMIOLOGICAL WEEK 47
    21-27 Nov 2010

80 cases of Dengue (1 DHF), 408 HFMD, 8 invasive pneumococcal disease, 10 mumps.

13,363 clinic visits for ARI, 457 for conjunctivitis, 2090 for AD.

The proportion of cases with Influenza-Like Illness (ILI) among the polyclinic ARI cases remained low at 1%.
    The overall prevalence of influenza among ILI samples (n=141) in the community was 33% (preliminary) in the past 4 weeks. Of all the influenza virus isolates in November, influenza A (H1N1-2009) comprised 46% while influenza B and influenza A (H3N2) constituted 43% and 11%, respectively.
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

EPIDEMIOLOGICAL WEEK 48
      28 Nov - 4 Dec 2010

Hepatitis: 3-A; 5-B; 2-C; 5-E, 98 Dengue (0 DHF), 333 HFMD; 6 invasive pneumococcal.

13,308 visits for ARI, 509 conjunctivitis; 1957 AD.

The proportion of cases with Influenza-Like Illness (ILI) among the polyclinic ARI cases remained low at 1%.
      The overall prevalence of influenza among ILI samples (n=123) in the community was 31% (preliminary) in the past 4 weeks. Of all the influenza virus isolates in November, influenza A (H1N1-2009) comprised 46% while influenza B and influenza A (H3N2) constituted 42% and 12%, respectively.

The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

EPIDEMIOLOGICAL WEEK 49
        5 - 11 Dec 2010

30 cases of salmonellosis, 87 dengue (0 DHF), 273 HFMD (below average), 4 invasive pneumococcal disease.

13,962 clinic visits for ARI, 519 for conjunctivitis, 2048 for acute diarrhoeia.

The overall prevalence of influenza among ILI samples (n=125) in the community was 34% (preliminary) in the past 4 weeks. Of all the influenza virus isolates in November, influenza A (H1N1-2009) comprised 46% while influenza B and influenza A (H3N2) constituted 42% and 12%, respectively.

Comment

EPIDEMIOLOGICAL WEEK 50
          12 - 18 Dec 2010

82 cases of Dengue (0 DHF), HFMD down to 240 cases, 10 cases of invasive pneumococcal disease.

13,484 clinic visits for ARI, 512 for conjunctivitis and 2143 for acute diarrhoea.

The overall prevalence of influenza among ILI samples (n=139) in the community was 37% (preliminary) in the past four weeks. Of all the influenza virus isolates in December, influenza A (H1N1-2009) comprised 66% while influenza A (H3N2) and influenza B each constituted 17%.

Comment

RoRo,

Have you taken a plot over time on the conjunctivitis cases?

Comment

Hi NS1,

Singapore MOH has a graph of conjunctivitis incidence for 2009 and 2010 on page 8 of this link; http://www.moh.gov.sg/mohcorp/upload...10_week_50.pdf

They also provide graphics for most of the other reportable diseases.

Comment

EPIDEMIOLOGICAL WEEK 51
                19 - 25 Dec 2010

Main points; 24 cases of salmonellosis, 94 dengue (0 DHF), HFMD down to 176, 3 invasive pneumococcal disease.

3 new measles cases bringing the 2010 total to 50, well above the median of 19.

11,156 clinic visits for ARI, 425 for conjunctivitis, 1,725 for acute diarrhoea. (I suspect a shortened reporting week is responsible, at least in part, for these low numbers)

The overall prevalence of influenza among ILI samples (n=130) in the community was 40% (preliminary) in the past four weeks. Of all the influenza virus isolates in December (preliminary data as of 24 Dec), influenza A (H1N1-2009) comprised 68% whilst influenza A (H3N2) and influenza B constituted 15% and 17% respectively.

Overall, influenza activity in Singapore in the past four weeks was low.

Comment

EPIDEMIOLOGICAL WEEK 52
                  26 Dec 2010 - 1 Jan 2011

Main points:

24 cases of salmonellosis, Dengue 86 (1 DHF), 3 malaria, 8 invasive pneumococcal disease, 2 more measles cases.

12,330 clinic visits for ARI, 434 conjunctivitis, 1,841 acute diarrhoea.

The overall prevalence of influenza among ILI samples (n=136) in the community was 43% (preliminary) in the past four weeks. Of all the influenza virus isolates in December, influenza A (H1N1-2009) comprised 76% whilst influenza A (H3N2) and influenza B each constituted 12% (preliminary).

Overall, influenza activity in Singapore in the past four weeks was low.

Comment

EPIDEMIOLOGICAL WEEK 1
                    2 - 8 Jan 2011

5 cases of Typhoid, 87 Dengue (0 DHF), 201 HFMD, 14 mumps, 3 invasive pneumococcal disease.

15,633 clinic visits for ARI (above warning level) , 566 conjunctivitis, 2350 acute diarrhoea.

The proportion of cases with Influenza-Like Illness (ILI) among the polyclinic ARI cases remained low at 2%.
                    The overall prevalence of influenza among ILI samples (n=136) in the community was 50.6% (preliminary) in the past four weeks. Of all the influenza virus isolates in December 2010, influenza A (H1N1-2009) comprised 76.8% whilst influenza A (H3N2) and influenza B each constituted 11.6%.

While influenza activity during the past four weeks remained low, there were some signs of a rise in influenza activity in Singapore.

Comment

EPIDEMIOLOGICAL WEEK 2
                      9 - 15 Jan 2011

5 cases of Typhoid, 101 Dengue (1 DHF), 202 HFMD, 12 mumps, 6 invasive pneumococcal disease.

18,377 clinic visits for ARI (above epidemic threshold), 569 for conjunctivitis, 2833 for acute diarrhoea (above epidemic threshold).

The proportion of cases with Influenza-Like Illness (ILI) among the polyclinic ARI cases remained low at 2%.
                      The overall prevalence of influenza among ILI samples (n=238) in the community was 55.0% (preliminary) in the past four weeks. Of all the influenza virus isolates in December 2010, influenza A (H1N1-2009) comprised 76.8% whilst influenza A (H3N2) and influenza B each constituted 11.6%.

While influenza activity during the past four weeks remained low, there were some signs of a rise in influenza activity in Singapore.

Comment

EPIDEMIOLOGICAL WEEK 3
                        16 - 22 Jan 2011

5 cases of viral hepatitis A, 64 dengue (0 DHF), 3 malaria, 2 encephalitis, 239 HFMD, 4 measles, 11 mumps, 6 invasive pneumococcal disease. See report for complete case list.

20,702 clinic visits for ARI (above epidemic threshold), 628 conjunctivitis, 2580 for acute diarrhoea (above warning level).

Influenza indicators for E-week 3 (16 - 22 Jan 2011) are as follows:
                        Influenza activity is rising in Singapore.
                        The number of patients seeking treatment in polyclinics for Acute Respiratory Infections (ARI) increased by 13% from 18,377 in E-week 2 (daily average of 3,341 over 5.5 working days) to 20,702 in E-week 3 (daily average of 3,764 over 5.5 working days), and exceeded the epidemic threshold.

The overall prevalence of influenza among ILI samples (n=376) in the community was 51.6% (preliminary) in the past four weeks. Of all the influenza virus isolates in December 2010, influenza A (H1N1-2009) comprised 76.8% whilst influenza A (H3N2) and influenza B each constituted 11.6%.

Influenza activity is rising in Singapore

Comment

EPIDEMIOLOGICAL WEEK 4
                          23 - 29 Jan 2011

8 cases of measles, 12 cases of invasive pneumococcal disease, Dengue 68 cases, 207 HFMD, 3 Hepatitis B, 5 Hepatitis C.

19,225 clinic visits for ARI (above epidemic level), 552 for conjunctivitis, 2477 for acute diarrhoea (above warning level).

Influenza indicators for E-week 4 (23 - 29 Jan 2011) are as follows:
                          * Preliminary, as of 29 Jan 2011.
                          The number of patients seeking treatment in polyclinics for Acute Respiratory Infections (ARI) decreased by 7% from 20,702 in E-week 3 (daily average of 3,764 over 5.5 working days) to 19,225 in E-week 4 (daily average of 3,495 over 5.5 working days), and exceeded the epidemic threshold.

The overall prevalence of influenza among ILI samples (n=456) in the community was 54.6% (preliminary) in the past four weeks. Of all the influenza virus isolates in January 2011, influenza A (H1N1-2009) comprised 90% whilst influenza B and influenza A (H3N2) constituted 6% and 3% respectively.

Comment

Note : week 5 is a shortened week with data collected over 3 days rather than the usual 5.5.

EPIDEMIOLOGICAL WEEK 5
                            30 Jan - 5 Feb 2011

Dengue down again to 36 cases (lowest since at least 2009), 101 cases of HFMD, 7 invasive pneumococcal disease, 2 melioidosis.

10,966 clinic visits for ARI, 354 for conjunctivitis, 1,339 for AD (proportionately still above warning level).

Influenza indicators for E-week 5 (30 Jan - 5 Feb 2011) are as follows:
                            The number of patients seeking treatment in polyclinics for Acute Respiratory Infections (ARI) was 10,966 in E-week 5 (daily average of 3,655 over 3 working days), compared to 19,225 in E-week 4 (daily average of 3,495 over 5.5 working days).

The overall prevalence of influenza among ILI samples (n=433) in the community was 54.0% (preliminary) in the past four weeks. Of all the influenza virus isolates in January 2011, influenza A (H1N1-2009) comprised 90% whilst influenza B and influenza A (H3N2) constituted 6% and 3% respectively.

Comment

EPIDEMIOLOGICAL WEEK 6
                              6-12 Feb 2011

60 cases of dengue, 1 chikungunya, 186 HFMD, 4 invasive pneumococcal, 2 melioidosis, some measles,mumps,hepatitis - see link for full list & graphics.

21,204 clinic visits for ARI (above epidemic threshold), 680 for conjunctivitis (approaching warning level), 2812 for AD (above epidemic threshold).

Influenza indicators for E-week 6 (6 - 12 Feb 2011) are as follows:
                              The number of patients seeking treatment in polyclinics for Acute Respiratory Infections (ARI) was 21,204 in E-week 6 (daily average of 3,855 over 5.5 working days), compared to 10,966 in E-week 5 (daily average of 3,655 over 3 working days).

The proportion of cases with Influenza-Like Illness (ILI) among the polyclinic ARI cases remained at 2%.
                              The overall prevalence of influenza among ILI samples (n=441) in the community was 53.7% (preliminary) in the past four weeks. Of all the influenza virus isolates in January 2011, influenza A (H1N1-2009) comprised 90% whilst influenza B and influenza A (H3N2) constituted 6% and 3% respectively.

Comment

EPIDEMIOLOGICAL WEEK 7
                                13-19 Feb 2011

32 cases of salmonellosis, 70 Dengue (1 DHF), 247 HFMD, 14 mumps, 2 invasive pneumoccal - see link for full list & graphics.

18,061 clinic visits for ARI (above epidemic threshold), 661 for conjunctivitis, 2537 for acute Diarrhoea (above warning level).

Influenza indicators for E-week 7 (13 - 19 Feb 2011) are as follows:
                                The number of patients seeking treatment in polyclinics for Acute Respiratory Infections (ARI) was 18,061 in E-week 7 (daily average of 3,284 over 5.5 working days), compared to 21,204 in E-week 6 (daily average of 3,855 over 5.5 working days).
                                The proportion of cases with Influenza-Like Illness (ILI) among the polyclinic ARI cases remained at 2%.
                                The overall prevalence of influenza among ILI samples (n=421) in the community was 49.4% (preliminary) in the past four weeks. Of all the influenza virus isolates collected in February 2011 so far, influenza A (H1N1-2009) comprised 87% whilst influenza B and influenza A (H3N2) constituted 10% and 3% respectively (preliminary).

Comment

Working...
                                X