X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Karnataka: Gastroenteritis - 5 fatalities

Four-year-old boy dies of suspected gastroenteritis

Staff Correspondent

BELLARY: A four-year-old boy, Rajesh, died of suspected gastroenteritis in Gadiganur village on Thursday. Several gastroenteritis cases have been reported in Gadiganur village in Hospet taluk since May 31. Nineteen people complaining of diarrhoea have been admitted to the Gadiganur Primary Health Centre since then.

According to official sources, Rajesh was being treated by a private practitioner in the village and was later referred to a paediatrician in Hospet. When there was no improvement in his condition, he was referred to VIMS hospital in Bellary but he died on the way. Drinking contaminated water is said to be the reason for the gastroenteritis outbreak. The Taluk Health Officer, along with his staff, has rushed to Gadiganur with medicines. Sources said that Halogen tablets were being distributed in the village to be added to the drinking water and steps were being taken to maintain cleanliness around the borewells.

Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Re: Karnataka: Four-year-old boy dies of suspected gastroenteritis

Two elderly women die of gastroenteritis
    Special Correspondent

GULBARGA: Two elderly women died due to gastroenteritis at Tadol village in Aland taluk of Gulbarga district on Friday.

35 in hospital

According to reports reaching the district headquarters, more than 35 people have been admitted to the Primary Health Centre at Tadol village and the Government Hospital at Aland town, with symptoms of the disease.

The deceased have been identified as Girijabai Bandure (60) and Umabai Havale (63). Contamination of drinking water is suspected to be the reason for the outbreak.

Village residents have been advised not to use water from the drinking water source in the village, and that drinking water is being provided through tankers as an alternative.

The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Re: Karnataka: Gastroenteritis - 3 fatalities

Two children die of gastroenteritis
      Staff Correspondent

The victims are Mahananda Gangaram (3), and Deepika Madiwalaiah (6)

The gram panchayat supplies borewell water to Kolar (B) village in Bidar taluk

Bidar: Two children died of gastroenteritis in Kolar (B) village in Bidar taluk on Thursday. Three others who fell ill are being treated in the district government hospital here. The police said that Mahananda Gangaram (3), and Deepika Madiwalaiah (6), had died after bouts of vomiting and dysentery. Their parents said that the children died after drinking contaminated water. The gram panchayat supplies borewell water to the village under a mini-water supply scheme.

District Health and Family Welfare Officer Vaijanath Madana said water samples from the village had been sent for scientific tests.

Meanwhile, nearly 40 people suffering from gastroenteritis were admitted to the district government hospital on Thursday. All are said to be out of danger and were undergoing treatment. They were from various villages in Bidar taluk, the doctors said.

Zilla Panchayat president Naseemoddin Patel said steps were being taken to avoid the spread of the disease. We are spreading awareness about the disease, spraying disinfectant in and around wells and gutters and trying to supply pure drinking water to village residents, he said.

Comment

Working...
      X