Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Egypt - Report of 4 Persons with H5N1, & 5 others Suspected in Qalubaiya province - Government Closes 24 poultry farms, 194 suspended, culled 78,722 birds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Egypt - Report of 4 Persons with H5N1, & 5 others Suspected in Qalubaiya province - Government Closes 24 poultry farms, 194 suspended, culled 78,722 birds

Some of these outbreaks are on the latest FAO report.

The return of bird flu in ‬ Qaliubiya
    08/07/2010

Injury ‬ 4 citizens affected and suspected ‬ 5 ‬ others

Returned and bird flu to appear among the citizens in Qaliubiya. ‬ Dr. Adel Anwar, Undersecretary of the Ministry of Agriculture ‬ Executive Board meeting ‬ maintain headed by Justice Adli Hussein Qalubaiya Governor, ‬ a 4 ‬ positive cases, including two in ‬ Centre Banha, and the state Bakhankp, and the situation in the Shubra al-Khaima. ‬ Dr. Adel Anwar to 5 ‬ suspected cases of other ‬ in ‬ milk. ‬ also decided Counsel Adli ‬ Hussein Qalubaiya Governor, ‬

close 24 ‬ poultry farm offense, ‬ and the decommissioning ‬ 194 another farm for a period of six months .

‬ governor warned against complacency in the face avian influenza in the face circulation of live birds. ‬ confirmed statistics from the county birds in 18 ‬ farm in Ibaraki prefecture after the spread of the epidemic, including ‬ 9 farms in ‬ Kafr thanks, ‬ and 4 ‬ in Tookh, ‬ and 3 ‬ in ‬ Shebeen Spans , farm and one in Banha, ‬ Khanka . ‬

The birds were culled at 16 ‬ focus home and get rid of ‬ 78722 ‬ birds and close ‬ 1345 ‬ shop

Last edited by sharon sanders; July 26, 2010, 10:32 AM. Reason: edited my remarks after clarification about Arabic translation from Twall below.

Re: Egypt - Closes 24 poultry farms, 194 suspended, culled 78,722 birds in Qalubaiya governate due to bird flu

OK,

first some of the cities towns and villages are the same locations contained in the foa reports that were made public on the 22nd of July and the information in those reports are from early July and into June

nothing in the article mentions how far back the information is taken from.

The article does directly state in Arabic four persons are positive for h5n1 in the Governorate and five other cases are suspected. the article when read by two local people perceive the information as this is currently taking place now.

the translation is actually not that bad, im sorry to say.

Comment

Re: Egypt - Closes 24 poultry farms, 194 suspended, culled 78,722 birds in Qalubaiya governate due to bird flu

Thanks Twall, I will change the title.

Comment

Re: Egypt - Report of 4 Persons with H5N1, & 5 others Suspected in Qalubaiya province - Government Closes 24 poultry farms, 194 suspended, culled 78,722 birds

Are the 5 suspected cases contacts of the latest victim?

2010 -

# 91 - 20 years old, female, onset date - January 6, 2010 -
        Beni Suef governate Death

# 92 - 1 year old, male, onset date - January 7, 2010 - Dakahalya governorate

# 93 - 3 years old, male, onset date - January 19, 2010 - Assuit governorate

# 94 - 45 years old, male, onset date - January 12, 2010 - Shargea governorate

# 95 - 40 years old, female, onset date - January 31, 2010 - Qalyubia Governorate

# 96 - 29 years old, female, onset date - January 27, 2010 - Menoufiya Governorate Death

# 97 - 37 years old, male, onset date - February 6, 2010 - Helwan governate Death

# 98 - 32 years old, male, onset date - February 6, 2010 - Menofiya Governorate

# 99 - 29 years old, female, onset date - February 6, 2010 - Menoufiya governorate Death

#100 - 10 years old, male, onset date February 10, 2010 - Dakahlia governorate

#101 - 13 years old, male, onset date February 10, 2010 - Kafr El-Sheikh governorate

#102 - 30 years old, female, onset date February 10, 2010 - Kafr El-Sheikh governorate

#103 - 14 months, male, onset date February 22, 2010 - Qalyubia governorate

#104 - 52/53 years old, male, onset date February 27, 2010 - Qalyubia governorate Death

#105 - 20 years old, female, onset date March 5, 2010 - Qalyubia governorate Death

#106 - 18 months, male, onset date March 2, 2010 -
        Kfr Elsheikh governorate

#107 - 4 years old, male, onset date March 18, 2010 - Beni Suef governorate Death

#108 - 30 years old, female, onset date?, hospitalized March 24th, 2010 - Damietta governorate

#109 - 18 years old, female, onset date?, hospitalized March 31, 2010 - Fayoum Governorate Death

#110 - 20 years old, female, onset date unknown, hospitalized in Cairo July 21, 2010 - Qalyubia governorate
        Last edited by sharon sanders; July 26, 2010, 12:58 PM. Reason: edited remarks at the top of the post

Comment

Re: Egypt - Report of 4 Persons with H5N1, & 5 others Suspected in Qalubaiya province - Government Closes 24 poultry farms, 194 suspended, culled 78,722 birds

I just went Thur all my links looking for any other information related to this nothing i see as of now.

but we do have 100f degree days currently for the last week with matching levels of humidity.

And the local radio stations are now asking parents to have all children inoculated for pneumonia claiming its a good practice.

Comment

if this article is correct I suspect we see other cases made public or denied completely. our year to date list contains four cases currently and one makes five cases from the governorate already. which sort of lines up with the yearly case total information above.

when i go back through the mohp reports nothing has been released as a suspect case for this governorate for over a month. also a couple of the places mentioned are in another governorate and that Governorate has had no recent new suspect cases added either.

but the context of the information in the article is in the present form clearly. which combined leads me to think and suspect we may have more information pending release shortly. I guess its a wait and see effort until they publish more information at this point.

Comment

Thanks Twall.

Comment

Am I nuts, or is the publication date of this article July 8th, over two weeks ago?

I don't think the new case #110 is one of the four; Twall indicates that it would be the fifth one anyway.

By Sharon's list, the four confirmed as of the 8th would be #95, 103, 104, and 105.

Comment

Yes, the article was published 2 weeks ago. I found it today.

Comment

"and the situation in the Shubra al-Khaima"

this is quoted from the article above and happens to be where the last confirmed case came from which is case # 110 with the location also confirmed by the fao as Shubra al-Khaima. again this part in arabic and in context indicates its ongoing.

Comment

Case #110 apparently was hospitalized on the 21st (according to the FT thread linked in Sharon's list), 13 days after the publication of the article, so this article from the 8th cannot possibly refer to that case as either confirmed or suspect.

Comment

There is a chance she is one of the suspects on the 8th. It is not clear at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by sharon sanders View Post
                          There is a chance she is one of the suspects on the 8th. It is not clear at this point.
                          I agree it is not fully clear, but it seems unlikely that someone could be ill enough to qualify as suspected bird flu on the 8th, and known enough to be mentioned in an article, but still not be sick enough to get hospitalized (or isolated as a precaution) for 13 more days.

Comment

Working...
                          X