Chhatarpur: 2 die of fever, 200 affected - 100 miles SW of Kanpur, UP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chhatarpur: 2 die of fever, 200 affected - 100 miles SW of Kanpur, UP

Not in Uttar Pradesh, but within 20 miles of Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh, where a large "viral fever" outbreak is ongoing.

India
    2 die of fever, 200 affected in MP village
    Chhatarpur | Wednesday, Oct 20 2010 IST

A medical team has rushed to Naigna village following death of two people due to high fever and about 200 fell sick while condition of some of them has been stated to be serious, official sources said.

Although dengue like symptoms were observed, but it was yet to be confirmed. Fifteen people, who were suffering from fever, have been admitted to district hospital last night. Jairam Rawat died on October 17 while Sukhlal Pal, who went to Haryana for work despite having high fever, died after reaching the state yesterday.

The medical team was providing treatment to the villagers while the serious patients were admitted to hospital, the sources said adding that samples of the blood were also sent for tests.

Re: Chhatarpur: 2 die of fever, 200 affected - 20 miles from Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh

Sent to Promed.

Comment

Re: Chhatarpur: 2 die of fever, 200 affected - 20 miles from Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh

Originally posted by sharon sanders View Post
      Sent to Promed.
      Thank you, Sharon, as always. This might be a dengue outbreak and not be related to the outbreaks in Uttar Pradesh, as well.

Comment

I'm locating Chhatarpur, MP about 100 miles SW of Kanpur, about 300 miles from Ghaziabad as opposed to Chhatarpur suburb of Delhi.

Twitter: @RonanKelly13
        The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Re: Chhatarpur: 2 die of fever, 200 affected - 100 miles SW of Kanpur, UP

Thanks RoRo.

Comment

Originally posted by RoRo View Post
            I'm locating Chhatarpur, MP about 100 miles SW of Kanpur, about 300 miles from Ghaziabad as opposed to Chhatarpur suburb of Delhi.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0...,14.040527&z=6
            Excellent catch, RoRo. I didn't realize I had the wrong one.

Comment

Working...
            X