Three people test positive with Leptospirosis in central Queensland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three people test positive with Leptospirosis in central Queensland

Three people test positive with flood bacterial infection Leptospirosis in central Queensland From: The Courier-Mail January 19, 2011 10:39AM

THREE people from Theodore and Moura, in Central Queensland, have been diagnosed with a flood-related bacterial infection.
    Queensland Health said the three had all tested positive to Leptospirosis, caused by bacteria common in soil and water in rural areas, which causes flu-like symptoms.
    All three have been treated and are recovering well.

Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Re: Three people test positive with Leptospirosis in central Queensland

Please see (or merge) the following thread; this had originally been reported as a mystery outbreak.

Comment

Re: Three people test positive with Leptospirosis in central Queensland

Farmer recovers from flood-related illness
      By Paul Robinson

Updated 1 hour 26 minutes ago

Farmer Trevor Brownlie inspects his ruined cotton crop at Theodore. (ABC News: Alice Roberts)

A central Queensland cotton grower has been discharged from hospital after being treated for a flood-related bacterial disease.

Trevor Brownlie and his wife, from Theodore, were treated for leptospirosis.

Mr Brownlie says it took doctors a while to diagnose his illness.

"They've finally identified it to be 'lepto' but what strain it is they don't know, but I wouldn't recommend it to anybody to go in there," he said.

"You go through a fairly, well a weight loss program, but they got onto the end of it and got us all up on our feet and they looked after us really really well over in Moura."

Comment

Working...
      X