Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

China - H7N9 found in chickens says Harbin Veterinary Research Institute: wet markets and farms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• China - H7N9 found in chickens says Harbin Veterinary Research Institute: wet markets and farms

machine translation

Mainland experts: H7N9 from poultry
    04 - 24 00:03

Shandong diagnosed the first case of human infection with the H7N9 avian influenza.
    (Roundup) (Sing Tao Daily reported) Mainland experts yesterday the latest research from the live poultry market surveillance more than 200 poultry and environmental samples, nearly 10% with the H7N9 virus, the virus genes and human viruses of H7N9 avian influenza highly homologous genes, may be the source of human infection with H7N9 viral genes see partial amino acid mutations, increased upper respiratory tract infection and the risk of human-to-human transmission. Mainland yesterday added four new cases, Shandong Province, the first in the move.
    Harbin Veterinary Research Institute of Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences research team, earlier in Shanghai, Anhui live poultry markets and farms, poultry and environmental samples collected nine hundred and seventy, Anhui and farms samples were found with the H7N9 virus,

the only a live poultry market in Shanghai, the 280 samples the twenty found with the H7N9 virus, the detection rate of about seven percent, including 10 chicken samples, seven environmental samples and three pigeons samples of in the move, which is to recruit the highest proportion of environmental samples, but all Ducks samples of thirty, failed to reveal the H7N9 virus.

Tsang Tak-yin, on behalf of the Hong Kong Society for Infectious Diseases, analyze the results, that the live poultry market in Shanghai is not difficult to find the virus, that is, about every ten samples there is a stained virus, especially in environmental samples, the situation is a cause for concern.
    The study refers to the H7N9 avian influenza virus gene fragments were highly homologous to that of human infection with the H7N9 virus, possibly from a batch of poultry H7N9 avian influenza virus H7N9 human isolates. Viral genetic analysis of the H7N9 gene amino acids Q226L mutations easy it is caused by respiratory infection.
    Tsang Tak Yin explained that H7N9 infection of the upper respiratory tract, the H5N1 before lower respiratory tract infection, relatively H7N9 gathered in the upper respiratory tract, spread through coughing, sneezing, have a higher risk of human-to-human transmission.
    In addition, the mainland yesterday soared to four H7N9 confirmed cases were from Zhejiang, Anhui and Shandong cases for the first time, a total of $ 08. The Shandong case involved a 36-year-old man, patients hospitalized with severe pneumonia on Sunday night, in the hospital for treatment, is now in critical condition, his nine close contacts there have been no related infection symptoms.
    Zhejiang two new cases involving two 61-year-old and 80-year-old man, also in critical condition. Anhui case involved a 92-year-old man, is now in serious condition. Diagnosed patients yesterday added a spirits of the dead, on Wednesday confirmed Hangzhou, Zhejiang 80-year-old male patient, after she was certified dead.
    The Hong Kong of Health Centre for Health Protection has not received yesterday H7 suspected cases. In Hong Kong recently seized a dead bird in figures continued to rise, on the 20th of this month seized ninety-two in the 21st seized fifty-nine, the day before yesterday, one hundred and one. Yesterday seized the dead bird in Tin Shui Wai, Sai Kung and Cheung Sha Wan.

zhttp://news.sina.com.hk/news/20130424/-2-2951894/1.html

Re: China - H7N9 found in chickens says Harbin Veterinary Research Institute: wet markets to farms

Same story by Sina 5 hours later. Now says all poultry farms tested negative and the fear is that the live poultry markets might contaminate the farms. So how do the chickens in the wet markets acquire H7N9 if not from the farms from where they came?

machine translation

National Laboratory: sowing poison hotbed of live poultry markets
    04 - 24 05:00

Ming Pao] H7N9 avian influenza epidemic Mainland yesterday 3 people diagnosed cases rose to 108, the cumulative total of 22 people were killed.

National Avian Influenza Reference Laboratory studies indicate that attack the H7N9 avian influenza virus, the H7N9 virus detected with the live bird markets are highly homologous, with an estimated live bird markets are sowing poison hotbed.

The studies suggest that live bird market H7N9 virus detection and management system should be strengthened to prevent the virus spread to poultry farms by the market.

Visit the Mainland, WHO Assistant Director-General (Health Safety and Environmental Affairs Assistant) Keiji Fukuda told reporters in Shanghai yesterday on available information, the infection is from the live poultry market, the Shanghai municipal government to take prompt measures, the authorities are carried out on patients Blood type school survey, in order to understand the possibility of human-to-human transmission, are not yet clear assessment of whether there is limited human-to-human transmission.
    Shanghai from 21 to the present three-day series no new infection cases. The authority of the avian flu, Professor Guan Yi, director of the Hong Kong Dah Sing Infectious Diseases State Key Laboratory of two weeks ago, the newspaper said, with an estimated spread of H7N9 virus from live chickens in the 6th of this month, Shanghai has been closed containment of the live bird markets, the epidemic is very will soon be going downhill.
    Yesterday to three people diagnosed accumulated 108
    March 31 in Shanghai, Anhui infected with the H7N9 virus, the National Avian Influenza Reference Laboratory aging orchid research team, collected in two live poultry markets and farms 970 etiology samples were, and detected 20 H7N9 avian influenza HIV-positive.

Gene sequence analysis, found that the H7N9 avian influenza gene fragments with H7N9 human isolates highly homologous to people infected with the H7N9 virus, the H7N9 virus may be derived from poultry, the findings published in the "Science Bulletin".

The study also pointed out that the experience with the virus samples from live poultry markets, all farms in the sample were negative, the H7N9 virus may be generated in the live bird markets. Reference laboratories are racing to develop a vaccine specifically for the H7N9 avian influenza virus.
    Mainland yesterday of new confirmed a case of Anhui, Zhejiang 2. Patients with 91-year-old man surnamed Wang, Anhui Chuzhou Tianchang City, on the 14th of this month, the disease is now in hospital for treatment. Zhejiang patients are named **** 84-year-old male, Hangzhou Ji retired workers; 62-year-old male, Hangzhou migrant, the two incidence on the 15th of this month, and was seriously ill.

zhttp://news.sina.com.hk/news/20130424/-2-2951793/1.html

Comment

Re: China - H7N9 found in chickens says Harbin Veterinary Research Institute: wet markets and farms

what a surprising headline ;-)

20 from 200 samples positive now.
      Earlier it was 39 from 40000.

> but all Ducks samples of thirty, failed to reveal the H7N9 virus.

so presumably neither in mallards or other wild waterfowl either

> live poultry market in Shanghai is not difficult to find the virus,
      I'm interested in expert panflu damage estimates
      my current links: http://bit.ly/hFI7H ILI-charts: http://bit.ly/CcRgT

Comment

Re: China - H7N9 found in chickens says Harbin Veterinary Research Institute: wet markets and farms

> how do the chickens in the wet markets acquire H7N9 if not from the farms from where they came?

I think they distinguish bigger "farms" (--> flozen,supermarkets ?)
        and small backyard,family (pet-) chicken growing and selling and exchange

> the epidemic is very will soon be going downhill

> collected in two live poultry markets and farms 970 etiology samples were, and detected 20 H7N9
        > avian influenza HIV-positive.

HIV ? maybe human influenza virus in that translation, not human immunodeficiency virus

Comment

Originally posted by gsgs View Post
          > how do the chickens in the wet markets acquire H7N9 if not from the farms from where they came?

I think they distinguish bigger "farms" (--> flozen,supermarkets ?)
          and small backyard,family (pet-) chicken growing and selling and exchange

> the epidemic is very will soon be going downhill

> collected in two live poultry markets and farms 970 etiology samples were, and detected 20 H7N9
          > avian influenza HIV-positive.

HIV ? maybe human influenza virus in that translation, not human immunodeficiency virus
          There is no mention of homes, backyards, streets, neighborhoods, etc. in either post. I think the reference is to commercial growers. They are protecting the commercial poultry industry.

They are claiming that the source of the human infections is a mystery wet market phenomena.

Comment

it's my understanding that the life markets are for the small
            business - the chicken in the motorcycle from virology.ws and such

-------------------------
            while here in Germany I keep reading : 17000 turkeys to be culled, 7000,20000

Comment

Source: http://news.ifeng.com/mainland/speci...612644_0.shtml

Ministry of Agriculture of 43 H7N9 avian influenza has been detected positive samples

2013 04 24, 19:31
              Source: China News Network

Original title: Ministry of Agriculture has detected 43 positive samples of the H7N9 avian influenza

BEIJING, April 24 message, according to the website of the Ministry of Agriculture, as of April 24, the National Avian Influenza Reference Laboratory detected a total of 43 H7N9 avian influenza positive samples.

Detected in 553 samples collected by the National Avian Influenza Reference Laboratory report in Henan environmental samples were positive for H7N9 avian influenza, from the in the Zhoukou City Chuanhui Jianshe Road farmers market and Kaifeng Weishi County Xiao Taiwan farmers market. Zhejiang animal disease prevention and control center for inspection suspected positive samples for review by the National Avian Influenza Reference Laboratory, were positive for H7N9 avian influenza, chicken samples were collected from the vegetable market, Yiwu, Jinhua, Zhejiang, Chian. Gene sequence analysis showed that all isolates of the H7N9 avian influenza virus strains isolated from pigeons and April 4 highly homologous.

Ministry of Agriculture has asked the Henan Province and Zhejiang Province in strict accordance with the Ministry of Agriculture, Animal H7N9 avian influenza emergency response Guide (Trial) "do a good job related to disposal. At the same time, called for further strengthening of the H7N9 avian influenza virus monitoring the effective implementation of prevention and control measures.
              [Editor: PN039] Tags: H7N9 avian influenza

Comment

Source: http://news.sina.com.cn/c/2013-04-24/195126937225.shtml

The 3 H7N9 avian influenza was detected in the sample of Henan and Zhejiang positive sample
                2013 04 24 19:51

China Exclusive: Ministry of Agriculture to 3 copies of H7N9 avian influenza positive samples detected in samples from Henan and Zhejiang Department of Agriculture on the 24th, the samples collected by the National Avian Influenza Reference Laboratory report in Henan detected H7N9 avian influenza positive, respectively, from the Zhoukou City Chuanhui Jianshe Road farmers market Kaifeng Weishi County Xiao Taiwan farmers market. The positive samples of Zhejiang Province, Yiwu, Jinhua, Zhejiang, Chian vegetable market from the chicken.

Comment

Re: China - H7N9 found in chickens says Harbin Veterinary Research Institute: wet markets to farms

Originally posted by sharon sanders View Post
                  .......... So how do the chickens in the wet markets acquire H7N9 if not from the farms from where they came?
                  From the wet market vendors???

"The next major advancement in the health of American people will be determined by what the individual is willing to do for himself"-- John Knowles, Former President of the Rockefeller Foundation

Comment

Pigeons, cats, dogs and bramblings are all possibilities. Not to mention rats and mice as possible vectors. This virus seems to be able to bounce among species like a ping pong ball.
                    Please do not ask me for medical advice, I am not a medical doctor.

Avatar is a painting by Alan Pollack, titled, "Plague". I'm sure it was an accident that the plague girl happened to look almost like my twin.
                    Thank you,
                    Shannon Bennett

Comment

they had H9N2 in several variants since >10-15 years

Comment

from the eggs ?

Comment

Ministry of Agriculture Zhejiang submission samples detected 3 copies of H7N9 avian influenza positive samples
                          Date :2013-04-26 14:09 Author: Source: Ministry of Agriculture Information Office

NEEDHAM, Massachusetts, the Ministry of Agriculture Information Office released on April 26, Zhejiang Province, animal disease prevention and control center detected in chickens suspected positive samples for review by the National Avian Influenza Reference Laboratory confirmed, 3 were positive for H7N9 avian influenza samples from Zhejiang Province, Lin'an, Hangzhou operating point, the highly homologous isolates April 4, the H7N9 avian influenza virus strains isolated from pigeons.

Ministry of Agriculture has asked the Zhejiang Province, according to the Ministry of Agriculture, Animal H7N9 avian influenza emergency response guide (Trial) "strictly do disposal. At the same time, called for further strengthening of the H7N9 avian influenza virus monitoring the implementation of prevention and control measures.

Up to now, the National Avian Influenza Reference Laboratory detected a total of 46 H7N9 avian influenza positive samples.
                          Twitter: @RonanKelly13
                          The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Agreed with comments above.

If the farms from whence the chickens (and presumably other poultry) came do not have infection, then the poultry must be getting infected at the wet markets themselves.

So how are they getting infected?

We know it has been detected in pidgeons around wet markets, but was that pidgeons for sale at wet markets or wild ones?

I dont think any of the reports have made that clear?

It would be good to see a report that vermin, cats, dogs etc have been tested in known outbreak areas with infected poultry and found clear. So far, there has been nothing on this.

Comment

someone should sequence the motor-bikes with the baskets
                              where they put the chickens into

Comment

Working...
                              X