• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cambodia Dengue 2013

2012 thread; http://www.flutrackers.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=185879

Dengue Claims 15 Lives But Cases Down Overall
    By Kuch Naren - June 2, 2013

Fifteen children have died from dengue fever in the first 19 weeks of this year, while the mosquito-borne disease infected 2,527 people during the same period, the National Dengue Control Program (NDCP) said Friday.
    © 2013, The Cambodia Daily. All rights reserved. No part of this article may be reproduced in print, electronically, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without written permission.
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Re: Cambodia Dengue 2013

Cambodia reports 3,051 dengue fever cases, killing 18 kids in 5 months
    English.news.cn 2013-06-08 13:23:23
    PHNOM PENH, June 8 (Xinhua) -- At least 18 Cambodian children died of dengue fever in the first five months of this year, a 36 percent drop from 28 deaths over the same period last year, according to a report of the National Center for Parasitology, Entomology and Malaria Control on Saturday.

During the January-May period this year, some 3,051 dengue fever cases were reported, down 50 percent from 6,077 cases over the same period last year, the report said.

"Seventy-one percent of the patients are children aged between 5-14," Dr. Char Meng Chuor, director of the center, said in the report.
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Source: http://www.globaltimes.cn/content/79...l#.UePRrFNpehc

30 Cambodian kids die of dengue fever in 1st half of this year, down 36 pct
      Xinhua | 2013-7-15 16:26:57
      By Agencies

Thirty Cambodian children have died from dengue fever in the first six months of 2013, down 36 percent compared with the 47 deaths over the same period last year, a health official said Monday.

From January to June this year, about 6,800 dengue fever cases were reported, down 42 percent from the 11,666 cases over the same period last year, said Dr. Ngan Chantha, director of the Dengue Fever Control Program at the Ministry of Health.

"Most of the patients are children aged between 5 and 14," he told Xinhua...

Comment

Dengue fever kills 45 Cambodian kids in 9 months, down 71 pct
        English.news.cn 2013-10-10 12:01:55 RSS Feedback Print Copy URL More
        PHNOM PENH, Oct. 10 (Xinhua) -- Forty-five Cambodian children have died from dengue fever in the first nine months of the year, down 71 percent compared with the 157 deaths over the same period last year, a health official said Thursday.

About 15,193 dengue fever cases were reported during the January-September period this year, down 59 percent from the 36, 958 cases over the same period last year, Dr. Char Meng Chuor, director of the National Center for Parasitology, Entomology and Malaria Control, said in a news release.

"Around 67 percent of the patients are children aged between 5 and 14," he said.

Comment

Cambodia Dengue update - 16,326 cases, 50 fatalities to Oct 31st.
          In 2012, figures were 40,164 and 176 respectively.

Comment

Source: http://www.cambodiadaily.com/news/nu...st-year-46859/

Number of Dengue Cases Drops From Last Year
            By Eang Mengleng - November 12, 2013

Fifty people have died from dengue fever in the first 10 months of this year, a decrease of 72 percent on the same period last year when 176 deaths were recorded, the National Center for Parasitology, Entomology and Malaria Control said Monday.

Continuing a month-on-month trend, the number of reported dengue cases from January to Oc*tober is also significantly down on last year?s figures, dropping 59 percent from 40,164 cases to 16,326, the center?s director, Char Meng Chuor, said in a statement...

Comment

Source: http://www.cambodiadaily.com/news/de...in-2013-49809/

Dengue, Malaria Cases Take Big Dip in 2013
              By Phorn Bopha - January 1, 2014

Both dengue fever and malaria deaths have plummeted this year compared to the same period in 2012, which was a peak year for the cyclical dengue, according to the latest figures from the Ministry of Health.

Dengue fever killed 59 people and infected 17,491 during the first 49 weeks of the year, said Nhan Chantha, director of the Health Ministry?s National Dengue Control Program.

That marks a significant drop from the 183 deaths and 41,716 cases recorded for the same period in 2012, a peak year for dengue fever, which moves in three- to five-year cycles. This year?s deaths are also slightly down from the 65 deaths recorded in 2008, the year after the previous peak in dengue cases...

Comment

Cambodia sees 59 pct drop in dengue fever cases last year
                English.news.cn 2014-01-20 15:09:22
                PHNOM PENH, Jan. 20 (Xinhua) -- Cambodia reported about 17,533 dengue fever cases in 2013, down 59 percent from the 42,362 cases in a year earlier, a health official said Monday.

The disease killed 59 children, representing a 69 percent decrease from the 189 deaths in a year earlier, said Char Meng Chuor, director of the National Center for Parasitology, Entomology and Malaria Control.

Comment

Working...
                X