Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saudi Arabia - Ministry of Health increases hospital shifts to 13 hours and cancels leave for those treating coronavirus MERS cases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saudi Arabia - Ministry of Health increases hospital shifts to 13 hours and cancels leave for those treating coronavirus MERS cases

Interesting since the MoH claims that the cases have decreased by 80%.

machine translation

15 minutes before the deployment, twenty-eight past four p.m. - Saturday 7/6/2014

Increase working hours to 13 hours in a number of sections
    Postponement leaves hospital staff selected to receive «Corona»

Tabuk - Urban Atallah:

Adopted the Health Minister-designate Adel Faqih procedure requires commissioned all health directorates in the various regions of the Kingdom to postpone the annual leave for workers in the hospitals selected for referring patients Syndrome Middle East respiratory for three months in the following sections with the exception of emergency cases stipulated in the contracts: (intensive care units for adults and children and emergency and infectious diseases, infection control, internal diseases and respiratory diseases, kidney disease, nursing, respiratory therapy and cardiac perfusion and laboratory).

The decision came in periods of expansion work day and night to 13 hours in sections where there is a need for it, such as ischemia and cardiac intensive care unit and other departments according to need work. This decision comes in the tireless efforts made by the Ministry of Health in the face of the Middle East respiratory syndrome resulting from infection with the "Corona."

اعتمد وزير الصحة المكلف عادل فقيه إجراء يقتضي بتكليف كافة المديريات الصحية في مختلف مناطق المملكة بتأجيل الإجازات السنوية للعاملين في المستشفيات المحدد لإحالة مرضى متلازمة الشرق الأوسط التنفسية لمدة ثلاثة أشهر في الأقسام التالية فيما عدا الحالات الطارئة المنصوص عليها في العقود : ( أقسام العناية المركزة للكبار والأطفال والطوارئ والأمراض المعدية ومكافحة العدوى والأمراض الباطنية والأمراض الصدرية وأمراض الكلى والتمريض والعلاج التنفسي والتروية…

-------------------------------

Also please see:

Saudi Arabia - Ministry of Health announced a "number" of hospital vacancies in Riyadh, Medina, Jizan, Qassim, Al-Baha, Najran, Al-Jouf, Hail, Tabuk, Al Batin, Taif, Qurayyat, Bisha, Qunfudah - June 2, 2014

Re: Saudi Arabia - Ministry of Health increases hospital shifts to 13 hours and cancels leave for those treating coronavirus MERS cases

Three reasons occur to me as to why such a practice would be instituted.
    1. So many patients they are short-handed.
    2. Too few qualified personnel because of either death/illness of medical personnel .
    3. Too many qualified hospital personnel have fled the country leaving gaps in MERS healthcare.
    Please do not ask me for medical advice, I am not a medical doctor.

Avatar is a painting by Alan Pollack, titled, "Plague". I'm sure it was an accident that the plague girl happened to look almost like my twin.
    Thank you,
    Shannon Bennett

Comment

Working...
    X