Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NZ: Canterbury Pandemic Planning

Canterbury Pandemic Planning

In the event of an outbreak of an influenza pandemic, the more informed and prepared you are, the better off you and your loved ones will be.
    Here you'll find all the information, links and resources you'll need to begin your pandemic planning efforts

Whether it's a household, workplace, neighbourhood or community group you're helping to prepare, this website offers tonnes of great advice, checklists, resources as well as handy information and tips from local pandemic planners and people just like you.

Re: NZ: Canterbury Pandemic Planning

I appreciate the FAQs presented on the home page to get people to click through the site.

I also appreciate the frankness about taking care others. They make it very clear that home care from family members or friends is going to be necessary for a majority of individuals who become infected during a pandemic.

The only thing that is missing is a discussion about high CFR. People will need to be mentally prepared for deaths of loved ones. I think the following quote from the site is grossly misleading.

Already most people with seasonal influenza are cared for at home by family and friends. Pandemic influenza would be no different.

Just like run-of-the mill influenza, only a very small number of people require anything more than lots of fluids, bed rest and paracetamol.
    http://novel-infectious-diseases.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
    X